[LMB] Ekaterin in the Liaden universe, sorta.

M R L Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Sun Nov 1 14:00:36 GMT 2015

From: Elizabeth Stowe
Sent: Sunday, November 1, 2015 11:17 AM

Fred Smith: Was just finishing up a re-re-reread of ACC, and this hit me
right down
at the end where: Miles introduces Ekaterin to Ghem General Benin as
"Madame Ekaterin Nile Vorvayne Vorsoisson", and the idle thought hit
me that in a while, her name would be "Madame Ekaterin Nile Vorvayne
Vorsoisson Vorkosigan", a Triple-Vor (I bet there aren't very many of
them about, eh?), and in the world of the Clutch Turtles (Liaden
universe) that would be the beginning of a respectably lengthy name,
for one so young!

es: I'm also rereading ACC. What strikes me as unusual is that Ekaterin
keeps all her names. My mom was widowed twice and decided which middle names
to drop. Why would Ekaterin keep Vorvoisson?

Vorsoisson

Because of Nikki. It's his name and he swore to Gregor on it.

And further, it makes the connection clear to his school, college, friends
etc.

Little Egret by email (Windows Live Mail)
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames