[LMB] OT: names (Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen) SP:

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Sun Nov 1 20:58:21 GMT 2015

Spoiler space

On Oct 29, 2015, at 11:48 PM, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think she always calls Oliver Jole "Jole" so we do, too. I
> think there's a certain distancing involved -- not so much between the two
> parties, but in order to hide Cordelia and Aral's relationship from the
> Barrayaran army, and maybe a little bit to hide Cordelia and Jole's relationship
> from all the various coworkers.

I thought that it was only the sections from Jole's point of view in which he was called Jole, and that the ones from Cordelia's point of view always call him Oliver (or at least after the beginning).  So he thinks of himself as Jole but Cordelia thinks of him as Oliver.

Katherine

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

Spoiler space