[LMB] Birthdays...

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 00:40:23 GMT 2015

Alas, I've never gotten to read the book in the original German.  The
English translation, I'm told, has certain problems, not least of which is
the name of the imaginative realm - the original word was 'Phantasien',
right?  The English equivalent should be 'Fantasia', but Manheim rendered
it as 'Fantastica', which has totally different associations.

The reddish color would make sense - wasn't that the color associated with
the Old Man of Wandering Mountain?

Matt "need to work on my foreign language skills" G.