[LMB] Betan control of pregnancy

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 21:04:21 GMT 2015

<shrug> it is currently well within our current tech to autosnip all
women - just do the hormone stim/egg harvest technique from IVF and
implant the little critters  - no need for fallopian tubes.  Of course
that is more expensive but blasted well guarantees no accidental
pregnancies. Not as easy for men, I believe the immune system does a
number on the sperm by considering them an invader force but nothing is
perfect.

On 11/6/2015 2:53 PM, Matthew George wrote:
> Cordelia has occasionally suggested that Barrayarans cut their kids' tubes
> and let them find their own damnation.  It's possible she says this because
> the procedure is within the easy technological grasp of that planet.
>
> I doubt there'd be much of a reason to perform surgery on men if all the
> women are carrying contraceptive implants.  There is of course the concept
> of 'fairness'.  However, there are some indications that Betan men visiting
> reproductive medical centers to deposit sperm produce it in the... normal
> method.  Which would suggest that they are technically normally fertile.

---