[LMB] Betan control of pregnancy

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 7 02:09:51 GMT 2015

From: Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>
> But they are not Beta citizens. I expect Beta has different rules for
> visitors because requiring surgery to visit seems excessive.

There is, at this time, a form of 'reversible male vasectomy' - an organic foam is injected into the tube in the place where the cut would be in a standard vasectomy, where it solidifies, creating a blockage.  Upon the male wishing a restoration of his fertility, the compound that dissolves the foam is injected into the blockage.  It is quick, easy and reportedly painless.  It does, however, require a man to a) allow a doctor to go near his balls with a needle, and b) willingly accept infertility.
(I do find it interesting that when couples talk about no longer having children and permanent sterilization, they all talk about the WOMAN becoming sterile. Getting tubes tied is major abdominal surgery involving a hospital stay and weeks of recovery time; a vasectomy is a one-hour outpatient's procedure that sees the man able to do almost everything he normally would less than three hours later. So why is the first the go-to option?)
Raye

 raye_j at yahoo.com http://windtear.livejournal.com http://www.thejohnsens.com/index.html I believe in dragons, unicorns, good men and other mythical creatures.