[LMB] Betan control of pregnancy

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 02:39:16 GMT 2015

On 11/6/2015 9:25 PM, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 16:55:40 -0800, Damien Sullivan
> <phoenix at mindstalk.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 04:04:21PM -0500, Aruvqan wrote:
>>
>>> <shrug> it is currently well within our current tech to autosnip all
>>> women
>> Higher cost in both money and inconvenient procedures, also I think less
>> successful.
> And that would be bad because...?

Well, there is a certain segment of the population of many countries we
would get 'outbred' by the <ahem> "wrong" sort. Of course the religious
segment that are vested in the whole 'go forth and reproduce' until you
overbreed the local resource types want to continue outbreeding the
resources in a misguided belief that a multithousand year old mythos
really wants us to reproduce until we all do the malthusian solution and
starve or go nuts and go to war to relieve population density.

Personally I think there is no downside to having to go and actively DO
something to reproduce so there are no more unwanted kids.  And yes I
know that the pop surprise! kid can be wonderful, intelligent and the
next damned Einstein but you know, a bloody freaking load of them are
actively unwanted and end up dumped into the foster system. No child
should feel unwanted, or be unwanted.

---