[LMB] Betan control of pregnancy

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Sat Nov 7 13:30:14 GMT 2015

> From: estowe427 at gmail.com
> Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 07:06:16 -0500
> To: lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk
> Subject: [LMB]  Betan control of pregnancy
>

> It takes me awhile to realize that LMB intends for me to despise Betan claims of social superiority, just as she creates Barrayarans, Cetagandans, and Jacksonians as comfortable with their severally limited worlds. I must say, she does a great job. Gets me every time.
> --

Yes, I do recognize the pattern of Luciferian pride behind the feeling of moral and cultural superiority. I was, after all, from San Francisco, and up till recently had relatives there. Cordelia sees through them indeed. Remember her comment "Have you ever wondered how (Betan reproductive law) was enforced?"