[LMB] Betan control of pregnancy

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 7 19:14:37 GMT 2015

vages from Lord of the Flies?
> > And females are the limiting factor in sexual reproduction. if you
> > miss sterilizing one male, he can potentially impregnate a lot of
> > females in the population, especially if the population tends to have
> > many sexual partners because they think everyone's safe and sterile.
> *snicker* like that male guinea pig that got in with all the females?
> http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/guinea-pig-called-randy-fathers-4042922
>
> Oops...=)
>
> ---

Years ago, there was much excitement going on at the Indianapolis Zoo over the progress of an IVF of one of the zoo's elephants.  Such a fuss, I don't think they were tracking the other large mammals as closely as usual. The paper ran an article about the unexpected arrival of a baby giraffe. The zoo's only male giraffe was four and 'everybody knows' male giraffes aren't sexually mature until eight. Maybe it's just the younger ones just never get luck when the older, bigger ones are around