[LMB] Betan control of pregnancy

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Sun Nov 8 16:38:45 GMT 2015

On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 08:53:07AM -0500, Aruvqan wrote:

> And why could I see them having a boy, a girl and a herm  quaddie
> and a boy, girl and herm with legs - one set of each type. I doubt
> that the Habitat is limiting population stringently like Beta.

Given the numbers in FF and DI, the quaddies are growing amazingly
rapidly, especially considering they're having to build their ecosystem
as they go.  Doubling every 20 years, or less, IIRC.

OTOH they *are* building their ecosystem as they go, so while it's
probably easy to have a lot of children over your lifetime, there might
be mechanisms to make sure you don't have them all *right now*.

-xx- Damien X-)