[LMB] Betan control of pregnancy

Margaret Devere margaret at devere.net
Sun Nov 8 22:58:58 GMT 2015

<snipping a very interesting discussion on the sequence and timing of events
in Kareen's sexual exploration>

Kareen's internal dialog could have been either of these:

- I'm going to take the Betan sex-prep sequence, just because.

- I know that I want to have sex with Mark, so I'm going to prepare myself.

I don't think that text-ev tells us which. We do have that teasing line
"what her parents didn't know about her sampling of Betan possibilities"
which suggests that Kareen, although loyal to Mark, didn't necessarily
include sexual exclusivity in her definition of loyalty.

But can we attribute this much planning to a girl of her age? I bet that she
frequently just did what made sense in the moment and, then, what made sense
in the next moment. As do most of us.

Margaret