[LMB] Betan control of pregnancy

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 23:44:00 GMT 2015

On 11/8/2015 12:12 PM, Lois McMaster Bujold wrote:
> Fawn, among other things, _suffered the death of her child_.  This is
> not a trivial consequence, to be waved over with "but things got
> better later, so it doesn't count."
I will seriously agree to this - I lost both of my children, *neither*
time did I want to be pregnant, I took measures to not get pregnant and
it still happened, but I decided to keep both times - though it worked
out that neither survived to birth, I still regret never having to
gotten to know either of them. Am I better off with no kids? Most likely
- kids are expensive and time consuming investments that I really did
not have the resources at the times involved to invest. Not that my
family would have done anything negative towards us, but it would have
made it difficult to meet a possible spouse and I can say I would have
never met Rob. So for me, things got better, but I still wist over what
I no longer have.

---