[LMB] Betan control of pregnancy

A Edwards amelia.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 14:23:42 GMT 2015

Another aspect to consider is the ubiquitous use of uterine replicators.
That technology would have a massive impact on how people view and manage
fertility. Semi-permanent and permanent sterilization is less of a burden
when you're not planning to use your body or someone else's for fetal
transport.

On Beta and in other societies with wide replicator availability, things
would be really different. Women aren't saddled with all the work of
building and birthing a child.  Men aren't dependent on finding a woman to
carry children for them. It would mean that having children would be an
opt-in process instead of an opt-out.  (I can't believe I just compared
family planning to managing a mailing list, but it's the best comparison I
could think up.)