[LMB] Gregor - the study continues

Jennifer Johnson jennifer.johnson2557 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 18:30:56 GMT 2015

On 9 November 2015 at 11:04, Kevin Kennedy <kevink45 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The whole situation with Cavilo makes me think Gregor, at least, does make use of whatever male contraceptive implant tech is available.  He knows too well the hazards of having a bastard heir running loose in the nexus, even without having crazy mad ambitious Cavilo for a mom. And with an Empire for a kid to inherit, who'd trust even a saint when she claims she has a working implant/took her meds/whatever.

Very interesting point. One wonders if his advisors would go so far as
to recommend he use some Nexus tech that would make it impossible to
take a stray sample and create a baby. Not so much of a risk in the
old days with the heavy stigma of bastardy on Barrayar, but a growing
risk as the society evolves over the course of the novels.