[LMB] Betan control of pregnancy

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Wed Nov 11 11:01:57 GMT 2015

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 20:03:21 -0700, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
wrote:

>> On Nov 10, 2015, at 2:08 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Many men went into soldering, because it was safer than farming, usually.
>>
>> Soldiering, too. :)
>>
>> IME, it's mainly women who do soldering.
>
>That seems odd - why is that?

Smaller fingers, finer motor control[1].  Most soldering now is very
tight work, with surface-mount components.  Increasingly, it's being
automated away, and most of what's left is done in China, probably in
dreadful conditions.  And of course, women are cheaper, especially in
countries where they don't even pretend to think they're as important.

[1] My daughter solders much better than I do, for instance; she
generally finished up her projects first in her class, and ended up
helping the boys!