[LMB] GJ&RQ

Louie Chubb louie at chubb.wattle.id.au
Thu Nov 12 20:33:23 GMT 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 10:36:02AM -0500, Aruvqan wrote:

> On 11/12/2015 7:31 AM, Gwynne Powell wrote:
> >
> >Be warned. It GRABS you. For HOURS.
> >
> Isn't that the purpose of well written fiction [hell, even a fascinating
> book of non-fiction. I can't be the only person here who has read
> encyclopedias and dictionaries for fun!]

Years ago I treated myself to the multi-volume Oxford English Dictionary. Just
before a new edition came out the old one was being sold half-price. I love
reading it, apart from anything else, for the quotes giving the first known
usage of each word in literature. Fascinating.

And yes.. I also read encyclopedias for fun somethimes.

LucyC