[LMB] OT: Baen ebook encoding...

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 22:40:19 GMT 2015

This whole thread makes me exceptionally glad that I run  my ebook  library off my home PC and Calibre, and my ereader is an app on my phone.
Raye

Sent from Yahoo7 Mail on Android

  On Wed, 18 Nov, 2015 at 7:08 am, M R L Dolbear<m.dolbear at lineone.net> wrote:   From: Howard Brazee
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 1:41 AM

>>> That must be an awful lot of books - how many books does it take to fill
>>> up a Kindle?

>> Around 2,000.

>> I don't keep all mine on the Kindle, it makes finding them a pain.  It
>> could really do with (at least) another level of indexing....

>>> I don’t need my whole digital library on a Kindle, a few hundred books
>>> is fine, with the rest on my backed up computer available as needed.

>> Quite.  Both on Amazon's cloud (where appropriate) and on Calibre.

> None of my e-readers make it easy to find books - and sometimes they
> unaccountably sort incorrectly.

I found that some Kindle books sorted by author last name and some by first
name.

It seems the metadata has a sort key which isn't always as you might expect.

Calibre, I am told, can fix it as well as allowing adding a series marker.

Little Egret by email (Windows Live Mail)
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to raye_j at yahoo.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk