[LMB] OT: Free ebook sponsored by Microsoft

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.STONEHAM.ma.us
Thu Nov 19 04:11:01 GMT 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 02:10:08AM +0000, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 20:23:55 -0500, Fred Smith
> <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 01:05:03AM +0000, Marc Wilson wrote:

> >> Log in to your Amazon account.
> >>
> >> Under "Your account", find "manage content and devices".
> >>
> >> Find the book in the list.
> >>
> >> In the "actions" dropdown, select "deliver" and select the device you
> >> want it sent to.
> >>
> >> Or you can select "download and transfer by USB".
> >
> >thanks!
> >
> >selecting "download and transfer by USB" gives a dialog box from which
> >I'm supposed to select a device. all options are greyed out. below that
> >is red text saying:
> >
> >"! You have selected content that is not compatible with any of your
> >registered devices. Please remove incompatible content from selection
> >for eligible devices to appear."
> >
> >there is an OK box which when clicked apparently does nothing.
> >
> >so, I'm lost here
>
> You need to have a Kindle registered, I think- something connected via
> USB.
>
> Your Kindle reader on your PC should be a delivery target in its own
> right, under whatever name you chose for it (mine is the machine name,
> just to keep it simple).

Yes, it is, but when I choose it, nothing seems to happen. I know I've
done this before (but a long time ago), so it shouldn't be rocket
science.

right now I'm stuck because the newest executable doesn't work on
Wine (Windows API layer for Linux), while the previous one I had did.
unfortunately I don't have the installer for the older one on disk
anymore. :(

               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.