[LMB] OT: Soldier vs Solder
hilary at powersedit.com
Thu Nov 19 21:03:28 GMT 2015
On 11/19/2015 12:02 PM, Sylvia McIvers wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Hilary Powers <hilary at powersedit.com>
>> If you work with subject matter that needs any of the three words more
>> than once in too long to worry about, it's probably useful to put the
>> others into the exclusion dictionary (assuming you're using Word). Or all
>> three, if they're equally likely to come up. That way, the spelling checker
>> will flag them every time so you can confirm they're what you want - or not.
>> It's amazing how many mangers of pubic administration the world has been
>> spared by this technique....
> You mean Public Admin ISN"T head down in the money bins?
> or maybe, WEREN"T raise in a barn?
> Hmm, what other 'manger' puns are there?
Ooooh - does that mean you didn't spot the *other* unfortunate word
there? "Martial/marital" is another favorite....
- Hilary Powers - hilary at powersedit.com - Oakland CA -
- Freelance copyediting and developmental editing -
- "Making Word 2010 Work for You" - www.the-efa.org/res/booklets.php -
- The edit you want - online, on time, and on target -
- Needle Felting: www.SalFelt.com; www.facebook.com/SalFelt -
More information about the Lois-Bujold