[LMB] flimsys?

Katrina Allis k.m.allis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 15:30:55 GMT 2015

On 24 November 2015 at 15:24, Ruchira Mathur <wetair at gmail.com> wrote:

> I pictured them as pieces of plastic with letters written on top. More
> durable then paper.
> On Nov 24, 2015 10:19 AM, "Caroline Tabach" <ctabach at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What were these supposed to be
> >
> > I thought of them at first like the computer disks that there used to be?
> > But then I saw that Miles reads them directly, without seeming to need
> > equipment.
> >
> > So what would they have been?

I always imagined them as looking a lot like sheets of overhead
transparency paper, only for personal use rather than with an OHT.  (My
high school still used OHTs in the classroom when I was there, which was
also the time I encountered the Vorkosigan books...)

When I thought about it in any detail, I vaguely assumed that flimsies
would have to have an opaque background, so maybe it was a really fancy OHT
paper...

Now I mostly think of them like paper, only made out of plastic or some
other highly durable material.

Katrina