[LMB] flimsys? added stout and gun

Walter S Bushell proto at panix.com
Fri Nov 27 13:17:39 GMT 2015

> On Nov 25, 2015, at 23:13, Damien Sullivan <phoenix at mindstalk.net> wrote:
>
> But the English of 2900 is unlikely to be the English of 2000.  Chaucer,
> circa 1380, also wrote in "English".  A bit hard to read straight for a
> modern, though.  Never mind Beowulf, also in (Old) "English", which may
> as well be a different language.
>
> -xx- Damien X-)

But language change slows down with writing and widespread literacy, especially
for the written form. Accents can and do vary widely. Hawaiian pidgin can be
read with a little practice, however the spoken form requires much more practice,
for example.

And they know Shakespeare perhaps even in the original Yiddish for all I know.
Vilhjalmur Stefansson (1879 - 1962), "Discovery", 1964