[LMB] What I read on my winter vacation

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 05:25:03 GMT 2016

Paula:
>Rant alert, rant alert...
>
>I prefer "Suck Fairy" because the term "Suck" has denations/context which
>"Lin Yutang" is completely lacking in for me....

Marc: Well, that's fine.  If I'm reading right, they're not intended to be the
same thing.

--
Micki: That's right, Marc, not the same thing at all.

My problem is that I keep forgetting the guy's name. So, then, when I look for
the quote, I spend a lot of time sifting through random Chinese quotes about
reading (which is not a terrible thing, but not terribly time efficient, either).

Calling this fairy (who changes a book as we age into something new and better or
at least different) the Lin Yutang Fairy could help me remember the name. Which
solves my problem.

I don't expect it to catch on.

But, things DO get named after people on a regular basis, so who knows? What a
barrier to conversation if we couldn't talk about Fahrenheit degrees or Fords
that work or do not work, or Darwinian theories of valid and dubious origin.

I don't think Paula's idea of not using nominals will catch on.

Micki