[LMB] Further double dactyls

John Lennard john.c.lennard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 17:40:24 GMT 2016

Older listies will recall that back in 2011, for the Silver Anniversary of
*Shards of Honor*, I cheerfully reduced each of Lois's novels and novellas
to a double dactyl, observing that form reasonably strictly. I later added
*Captain Vorpatril's Alliance*, and all of those (as well as, I believe,
being on the Bujold Nexus somewhere) can be seen here:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/395824

but I have for some months now been aware that versions of *Penric's Demon*
and *Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen* are called for, and today did
something about it. Posting *GJRQ* before it's published seems rude, but in
the meantime I offer both to listies, guarded by spoiler spaces, and
welcome any critique or suggestions for improved phrasing &c.. Enjoy.

Bumblesome, humblesome,
Penric is affianced,
loses the girl, gets a
demon instead --

hot Desdemona, whom
theophanatically
championing wins him twelve
wives in one head.

*****

Cryogene, triogene,
widowed Cordelia
offers slash babies from
Aral to Jole,

leaving that gentleman
hyperencroggledly
welcoming fatherhood
and a new role.

Bye Fellow, Christ's College, & Director of Studies in English, Hughes
Hall, Cambridge
www.humanities-ebooks.co.uk

*The Exasperating Case of David Weber, or The Slow Death of The Honorverse*
22 years ago Weber created it and in the last ten he has broken it ...

*Tolkien's Triumph: The Strange History of *The Lord of the Rings
Just how did a 1000-page book with 6 appendices come to sell 8,500 copies
per day?

*Talking Sense About *Fifty Shades of Grey*, or Fanfiction, Feminism, and
BDSM*
The story the media *isn't* telling ...

Available from Kindle Stores, and in PDF from the author.