[LMB] Perspective Fairies of Various Sorts

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 17 00:18:40 GMT 2016

My knowledge of haka comes mostly from Wikipedia, after seeing a mention in a Ngaio Marsh mystery.  it seems to be a sort of dance/cheer/etc that originated with the Maori in New Zealand. They're used at all sorts of occasions.  Assorted NZ sports teams seem to do them before matches it's been mentioned in sports reporting when I was actually paying attention. I also vaguely recall hearing of a haka performed at the funeral of a popular teacher