[LMB] Penric discussion, was: whee

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 02:11:14 GMT 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 7:54 PM, Margaret Devere <margaret at devere.net>
wrote:

> I've been meaning to bring this up, too. Margaret asks:
>
> When are we going to discuss Penric's Demon? I couldn't have missed it ....
>
> Micki: I think we should do a Penric's Demon discussion, then head into the
> two Cordelia books (Shards of Honor and Barrayar), and by that time, it
> should be safe to do a full-on discussion of GJ&RQ. I've been thinking this
> for two months, but life and work has been busy . . . .
>
> I wouldn't mind rounding up a Penric's Demon discussion. My god, I just
> realized it came out in JULY!! We are overdue for a spoilerrific
> discussion.
> I was pausing because for some reason, I was thinking we couldn't discuss
> it
> freely until sometime in early February (which is less than a dozen days
> away anyway). My grasp of time is really lousy . . . .
>
> -----------
>
> I'll take a chapter of Penric here and there.
>
> But will there be time for the two Cordelia books? Seems unlikely unless we
> compress the discussions.

Not sure there's much space for snipping, so I'll leave this uncut...

I'd like to keep Penric spread out nicely, since that's the first time
covering it, but I could see compressing Shards of Honor significantly to
make room to allow Barrayar more time.

I'd probably be willing to take some chapters of any/all, depending on what
we decide to do.

Karen Hunt