[LMB] Breaking social demands as virtue was Ivan & GregorRe: Time Fairy, was What I read on my winter vacation

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Wed Jan 20 14:43:48 GMT 2016

> From: howard at brazee.net
> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 06:44:57 -0700
> To: lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk
> Subject: Re: [LMB] Breaking social demands as virtue was Ivan & GregorRe:	Time Fairy, was What I read on my winter vacation
>

> > On Jan 19, 2016, at 11:45 PM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
> >
> > Of course, one's sister is unlikely to marry a gay male, except for camoflage. I'd just want her to be happy.
>
> Actually, I have a friend who is married to a gay male.    They love each other, like to be married to each other, but don’t have sex with each other.
>
> I’m not sure, but I suspect she doesn’t have much (if any) sex drive.    I have no idea how much sex drive he has, but he has had lovers.
> --

It has occurred to me that marriages between gay men and women with little to no sexual interest in men must have occurred fairly regularly throughout history. Of course, such factors as arranged marriages and the need for heirs of a marriage would certainly affect that pattern, not to mention partners who found out they were mistaken about what they wanted or needed. But it does seem like an obvious thing to do.