[LMB] Where did I miss it Spoiler

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 17:00:50 GMT 2016

Good Morning,

Reading the new book (Gentleman Jole and...) and I have to ask a basic
question.

Where did I miss the fact that Jole was Aral's lover and that Aral was
bisexual?  I now there was some bad stuff early in his career, but, a full
fledged affair with Jole, among others, and that Cordella was aware?

Talk about a gut punch this morning reading the opening chapters....

Aral's bisexuality has been around since the very beginning. In _Barrayar_, Vordarian tries to annoy Cordelia at a party, by gossiping about Aral & his habits, remember? It's mentioned here & there in later books, especially a conversation between Cordelia & Mark. She's going over some of the reasons Aral is attracted to her.
Actual mention of male lovers during his married life don't pop into memory. Maybe just comments that some of his staff ar rather attractive.
*
*
*
*