[LMB] PEN Penic's Demon Section One Discussion

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Fri Jan 22 02:03:08 GMT 2016

> On Jan 20, 2016, at 6:39 PM, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> So my first question is, what do you think
> of Penric’s thoughts on marriage? (Please note if you read in the romance genre
> or not – I think it’d be very interesting to compare reactions.)

We see him accepting marriage as an obvious duty, which he intends to do well.   And his world is very narrow with duty tightly defined.

That seems to be setting him up in our eyes as someone whose interesting future conflicts are more about what the duty should be - not whether he should do what is necessary.