[LMB] PEN Penic's Demon Section One Discussion

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Fri Jan 22 03:57:49 GMT 2016

On Jan 21, 2016, at 05:58 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
On Jan 21, 2016, at 5:40 PM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:

My son would know this term more than I. However, on an episode of the TV series Bones (with Whedon alum David B, still too angsty for me), there is an androgynous, or bishōnen forensic doctor, who many of the lab are dying to know what physical gender thon is. Oddly enough, the head Botticelli's Venus is quite androgynous, and I remember from college, a young countertenor (my fave male range) who had that face with somewhat shorter hair. He'd had bad acne in his youth, but oh, his voice, eyes, and sweet smile.

Johnny Depp is extremely popular with lots of women, despite appearing and acting quite androgynous.

Jude Law used to be too pretty for his own good, although I don't think it ever went to his head, and he's settled into boyishly handsome. David Bowie in Labyrinth, making me understand why knitted trousers were such a scandal in 19th C. English Regency (much fanning of my face needed), but he appeared to advantage in a long grey knitted sheath resembling female attire. Then we have the androgynous Tilda Swinton and Annie Lennox--knock'em dead gorgeous women both.

Marina