[LMB] OT: Physique PEN Penic's Demon Section One Discussion

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon Jan 25 14:06:15 GMT 2016

> On Jan 25, 2016, at 5:21 AM, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> One of the relatively few people I have excised from my life tended to
> treat women as "trophies" that you should be able to "tick the boxes"
> and win. He would then whine about the failure to do so on an email list
> I was part of.
>
> Iestyn
> --
>
> Micki: I think there are some girls who do that, too, to guys. The shapes of the
> trophies are slightly different. I do hope they all outgrow that at some stage, but
> I don't think everyone does.

People also have trophy incomes (along with trophy cars, trophy clothes, and trophy cars).    Traditionally women have been more likely than men to achieve these by marrying someone who can provide these.    Heyer shows many male characters who do this, but when a society makes it difficult for a woman to acquire wealth, the gender ratio will be skewed.