[LMB] Penric's Demon

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 26 07:32:15 GMT 2016

> From: "M. Haller Yamada" thefabmadamem at yahoo.com

> I think I would have a duty to accept the demon unless someone more holy was
> around. I wouldn't want to. It'd be like a tarot towering -- my whole life would be
> destroyed, and like Pen, I'd have to build it up from the beginning again. Might be
> better. But I do love many aspects of my old life.
> I guess in the real world we have a lot of "demons" like this. A new job can also
> ride us (or be ridden by us).
> Micki

Aral took the job of Regent at least partly because he was safer to take
it than let someone like... oh... Vordarian?.... to have the job.

Maybe, if it was a nice, raw, easily moulded demon, I could be tempted.
After all, I'd be brilliant at running the world. I have a manifesto and
everything. And the chaos is easy, I'm surrounded by chaos at the best
of times. I'd hardly notice a difference.  Oh, and I adore the bug-zapping
aspect of it - imagine being able to get rid of that one pesky mozzie at
night. And blowflies. Ohhh yes.

Ok, I'm changing my vote. I'll take one if it's nice and amenable. And you
can trust me, I won't let it take control. Oh, and I'll use my power for good.

Gwynne (Just call me Empress of the World)