[LMB] Penric's Demon

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 02:52:59 GMT 2016

> From: Walter S Bushell proto at panix.com

> Define 'good'.

Well, if I'm running things, it's whatever I say it is.

I'd define it as setting up a society where people are able to
work to earn enough to support their family, live safely and in
some comfort, pursue activities they enjoy outside of work
(I'm a big fan of the renaissance ideal - I'd like to see 'my' people
play some sports, enjoy at least some parts of music and the
arts, have creative outlets, and face some excitement and
challenges that give satisfaction and triumph. Besides, keeping
them busy and positive is good for them and for me!)

I won't go on, my manifesto is long and detailed (I add to it
every time something irritates me. It's a long manifesto.)

I'd be brilliant at running things. And far more economical than
all those politicians.

Gwynne (I don't demand you throw yourselves face down before
me. Kneeling will do.)