[LMB] Birthday Tixie

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Jan 29 19:38:17 GMT 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 06:56:04PM +0000, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
> I'm wearing a 47 shirt--quelle coincidence! However, mine also says "Pomona College" on it.
>
> Enjoy your magic-number year!!
> Marina
>
> On Jan 29, 2016, at 10:12 AM, Jean Lamb <tlambs1138 at charter.net> wrote:
> Here's to Laura Gallagher, who was born in 1969, and who is 47 today!
> Obviously, she is in the prime of her life. Laura, earlier this morning a
> birthday package arrived for you and spontaneously self-opened, with a
> skellytum in a pot, a stunner (or the remains thereof, it had been put on
> overload), a modest sack of snakes, of varying kinds (all rubber), a
> glass-bottomed boat...and then a liveried figured stepped up to apologize.
> "Wrong Gallagher," he said. But you replied, "No, this one probably *is* for
> me." (quick unpack--American comedian Gallagher is known to pull all kinds
> of weird stuff out of a big bag and Do Things with them).
>
> The package continues to erupt various items, including a care package from
> Ma Kosti (that one you snatch away before anyone else can touch it, heh),
> one (neutered) kitten, and a butterbug (ditto).
>
> Happy Birthday!
>

> Jean Lamb
> tlambs1138 at charter.net
> Look for Jean Lamb's author page on Amazon-
> http://www.amazon.com/Jean-Lamb/e/B00IR0YO20/

Looks like a (as teenagers used to say here in New England) a "Wikkid Awesome"
B-Day present.

But the significance of the glass-bottomed boat passes me by. I don't find
glass-bottom boat(s) mentioned anywhere in the Vorkosiverse, having just
done a search on all of the novels/omnibi. (i.e., in LibreOffice, use the
regular expression search, with search target of "glass.*boat", which turns
up exactly one hit that is 2 or 3 sentences long with glass at the start
and boat at the end).

anyone offer a clue?

                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.