[LMB] Birthday Tixie

M R L Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Fri Jan 29 21:09:57 GMT 2016

From: Fred Smith
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 7:38 PM

>> On Jan 29, 2016, at 10:12 AM, Jean Lamb <tlambs1138 at charter.net> wrote:

>> overload), a modest sack of snakes, of varying kinds (all rubber), a
>> glass-bottomed boat...and then a liveried figured stepped up to
>> apologize.

> But the significance of the glass-bottomed boat passes me by. I don't find
glass-bottom boat(s) mentioned anywhere in the Vorkosiverse, having just
done a search on all of the novels/omnibi. (i.e., in LibreOffice, use the
regular expression search, with search target of "glass.*boat", which turns
up exactly one hit that is 2 or 3 sentences long with glass at the start and
boat at the end).

> anyone offer a clue?

Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen, not officially in paper until next week.

Looking at my ebook

“Good heavens, what’s this lovely thing, Penney?”
It appeared to be a flawless crystal canoe, held up on sawhorses, but a tap
on the hull gave the duller thump of some unbreakable plastic.

“I wonder if I could get one of these glass boats?”

Little Egret by email (Windows Live Mail)
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames