[LMB] life imitates art imitates life, again

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 12:38:27 GMT 2016

I suppose most of us are gamblers.

If it doesn't explode in the next three decades, I can pay off the mortagage by the
time I'm 65 and I'll probably be dead before it's my problem.

And then, Vesuvius. Or the Tokachi-Oki faultline shifts.

The earth isn't supposed to move, or blow up, or get hit by big rocks, and that's
that. (And to be perfectly fair, as a species, we're more likely to get hit by a
bus or betrayed by our insulin than have the carpet pulled out from under us by
Mother Nature.)

Bet there are some major bargains in that city in the near future. Bet some people
are desperate enough to snap them up.

Sadness.

Micki