[LMB] OT: Good News

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Mon Oct 3 23:37:57 BST 2016

No new name. After their first flight, the pilot gives a short history of
ballooning including the reason for the Champaign (in this version it was to
mollify the local farmers after the balloon [with a lot of smoke] came down
in their field) and including the Balloonists Prayer:

"The winds have welcomed us with softness.
The sun has blessed us with its warm hands.
We have flown so high and so well
That God has set us gently back into
The loving arms of mother earth."

After which they are told to drink from a cup of sparkling cider. (No
alkanol allowed!) When they are bent over to pick up the cup with their
teeth they are "baptized" from a bottle of cold water. Emma did the honors
for her cousin.

William A Wenrich
Christian, Husband, Father, Grandfather, Son, American -- Here I stand. I
can do no other. God help me!