[LMB] An OT aside, was: truth in labeling puzzle

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 24 05:44:01 BST 2016

From: Helen Fenton <hifenton at internode.on.net>

Yes they do care mightily for AB - . When I was attending teachers college in the 1970's a bus from the Red Cross came around for blood donations. There was one boy who was AB- and they milked him on the dot . If he was away the van didn't come. They didn't care about the rest of us with ordinary O, A or D . I was a blood donor until the mid 1980's when they changed the rules about how many tries they could try to get a vein ( only one go now) they told me to go away and never darken their door again. I have plain old O+ and they said if I had been an interesting blood group they would have moved heaven and earth to get at it . My veins were destroyed by three months in hospital on a cortisone drip when I was pregnant with my son.
Helen

I'm A+ (Yes! My blood scored well on the test!)  I get a chirpy email every three
months to tell me the blood van will be in my local town and would I like to donate.
The other day they sent me a text to let me know that my latest donation had been
used, (in John Hunter Hospital, which isn't near me - I had well-travelled blood!)

Gwynne (I was also told I was a good bleeder. Heck, I'll take any compliment I can get.)