[LMB] Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 137, Issue 58

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Fri Oct 28 03:23:18 BST 2016

On Oct 27, 2016, at 05:13 PM, Kevin Kennedy <kevink45 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>>? Desdemona's Pillow-Book?

amf:
Surely she's not a Japanese concubine?

KK:  There are squabbles about which carts get the best parking spots, the gentlemen are ogling the ladies, the ladies are critiquing each others clothes, nobody's paying much attention to the service. A thousand years later, pick any major event,, much the same goes on.

amf: Yup!

KK:  Well, people will pay some attention to the ball game this week, but there will be parking issues I bet, and clothes and people will be ogled.

amf: Are the Chicago Cubs involved in this one? Not really a sportsball fan, but I did hear about the Cubs getting to the World Series. It being October, although rather later than I'm used to the WS starting*, I'm guessing it's a WS game.

Marina
*the most memorable WS for me was in 1989, but there was another event interfering with the Bridge/cross- Bay series