[LMB] Being Betan

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Mon Jun 5 13:54:35 BST 2017

> On Jun 4, 2017, at 10:27 PM, Pat Mathews <MATHEWS55 at msn.com> wrote:
>
> Galactics who come to Barrayar seem to end up falling in love with it, at least those who land in the upper reaches of Barrayaran society. Even though there is a temptation to cry "Help! I've fallen into a Regency Romance and can't get out!”

Being in the privileged minority of a society will do that to many people. Seems Cordelia told that to
Mia Maz. No it was Miles quoting Cordelia, IIRC.  Yes.

Miles replying to a question about how his mother handled it, form Mia Maz.

<quote>
“You mean, being an egalitarian Betan and all? No problem. She says egalitarians adjust to aristocracies just fine, as long as they get to be the aristocrats.”
</quote>

Excerpt From: Lois McMaster Bujold. “Miles, Mystery and Mayhem.” iBooks.

--
Sufficient to the weevil is the day thereof.