[LMB] Group Read of Richard III 1.1

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 18:34:03 BST 2017

As far as "trash-talking women" goes---Queen Elizabeth (the wife of Edward
IV, aka "my lady Grey" in Richard's monologue) was NOT at all popular. She
was seen as arrogant and greedy, and she had brought to court with her a
large, greedy family who were seen as hogging everything they could get
their hands on.  A lot of the support Richard got taking the throne in real
life was because Edward IV had foolishly let his son and heir be raised by
his mother's kindred, and people were good and sick of them.