[LMB] Being Betan

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Jun 13 00:18:29 BST 2017

On Jun 12, 2017, at 1:22 PM, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
> You don't need full on "Dark Beta" to be disturbed by the retroactive permission that the "therapist" seems to think is normal. It reminds me that the difference between therapist and the rapist is just a little space. In (RL), there is (IMNSHO) not nearly enough control over mental health professionals or knowledge of what they are doing to people.

PS:
I have been fortunate for the most part to have good private therapists and pdocs. I have fired a few doctors based on poor patient interaction, including two older white male pdocs of the generation where you accepted without question their dictates. I fired as many therapists as ones I was sad to lose.

My son's therapist/MCFT in Santa Cruz was wonderful, and we kept her after we moved over the plate boundary, because she wasn't broken, and thus needed no fixing.

As his parent, she was willing to take me as a client in order to help me help him, my primary reason for choosing her. Delightful person as well: no clinical aftertaste from her visits.

About the Stanford Uni study pdocs, they were wonderful. Trying to use the Uni's Pediatric Psychiatry Dept. for my son, in spite of the Chief of the dept., was a single visit where I was told he was merely ADD and should go on ritalin. Nope. Nuh-uhn.

About my own pdoc of 16 yrs, I have praised her in heaps enough, here.

After the complete disaster with the county pdoc and crew, until he returned to Japan, the private pdoc my son had reversed, in three months, all the damage the govt one had dealt six years. He took kids through adults, which meant a smooth transition, if only he was still on this side of the Pacific.

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com