[LMB] missing bits supplied

M R Dolbear fm little.egret at dolbear.fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 1 19:52:05 GMT 2017

On Wed, 1 Nov 2017, at 02:44, Harvey Fishman wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Nov 2017, M. Haller Yamada wrote:
>
> > Thank you Harvey. I don't usually order ebooks from Amazon Japan, but from Amazon USA. Are you
> > saying the "universal" means that it's toll-free around the world? That would be handy, indeed. Good to have the number out there.

> No, I meant that the help number seems to apply to all Amazon lines of
> business
> in the United States. I have used it for questions about my Kindles, my
> Echos,  and for missing shipments.

Toll-free around the world numbers /do/ exist - in UK terms dial 00800
rather than 0800
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toll-free_telephone_number#International

However, Amazon doesn't offer one.

Their contact-us offers, besides local freephone numbers, three options.
a) email (not advised)
b) On line chat (type and response, a transcript will be emailed if you
ask)
c) Amazon will call you back, even internationally.

I tend to use (b) since their pitch and accent causes me difficulty.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?

If nothing fits in "select an issue" choose "Prime and other".

--
Little Egret by email
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames