[LMB] The last of the Birthday Tixie for September

Katrina Long k.m.allis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 21:11:10 GMT 2017

Eric's tour was so engrossing that I completely failed to let you know what
it was like!  A month on tour, that's hardly time to see anything, right?
So many new foods to try.  I can say though that Kshatriya was really
interesting. Words fail me - really, you should go there!  I was very much
looking forward to what the Tixie came up with this year and really
enjoyed it.

My passport did need updating though as I got married in January and
February and decided I would change my name.  For the tixie's records, my
new surname is Long.  My birthday hasn't changed though.

Eric - I hope you've now well and truly recovered from your surgery.

[In real life things got in the way, I ended up with a mental block on
replying, it became one of those things, and sadly I've not been near the
list since until today.  But I miss you all, so.  Also, I see there's a new
Penric novella so what a time to come back!]

Katrina L (in London)

On 30 September 2017 at 21:23, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking rather the worse for wear, with his face stitched up from surgery,
> the Birthday Tixie shambles in and declaims:
>
> Today, in 1982, our fellow listie Katrina Allis was born.  Katrina, for
> your birthday, you will be taken on a tour of the entire Nexus.  Starting
> from Earth, you will be visiting Beta Colony, Eta Ceta, Ylla, Jackson's
> Whole (be careful here!) Barrayar, Sergyar, Quaddiespace, and various and
> sundry other worlds.  On these worlds, you will get tours of the points of
> interest, a chance to sample the local cuisine, (carefully checked for
> potential or actual allergens) and, if you desire it, local companions of
> whatever sort you desire.
>
> Have fun and do send us some info on Kshatriya, will you?
>
> Since he's still recovering, the Tixie staggers back off stage, heading
> back to his cozy armchair.

Prayer, he suspected as he hoisted himself up and turned for the door, was
putting one foot in front of the other.  Moving all the same.
Lois McMaster Bujold, _Curse of Chalion_