[LMB] SP: Orville & Bujold

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Fri Nov 3 19:30:18 GMT 2017

I’m not sure what the rules are concerning spoilers of TV shows.
In episode 7, Majority Rule, the planet of the week runs on an extreme democracy. There is no good/bad or right/wrong only popular/unpopular. I was struck by the way their “correction” seems similar to the way the Betan Mental Health system work. After correction, people smile a lot, say they are happy, and thank the people who “helped” them.
Also, there was a scene where an, IMNSHO, obnoxious bully browbeats Alara over cultural appropriation. Now Alara looks like a small woman. She could easily have thrown him over (or through) the building. Somewhat like the bully who tried to pick on Mark in Memory.

Sent from my iPhone