[LMB] Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 150, Issue 14

B. Ross Ashley brashley46 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 04:10:12 GMT 2017

On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 19:02:59 -0600,Beatrice_Otter <beatrice_otter@
haugensgalleri.com> wrote:
Re: [LMB] Gene cleaning in real life

I agree with you, Beatrice; not least because my son is on the spectrum, as
we say, and he is (according to my ex his mother) a great cook, a graduate
of community-college course out in California in culinary Arts and
Hospitality Mamagement. It took him a looooong time to finish, but he did
it. And the much younger son of a family we know in fandom is developing
into a pretty good game designer from all accounts.

Eugenics (to me) is forever associated with the forcible sterilisation of
those at risk to pass on "undesirable" conditions. And, in certain European
countries, their extermination. THAT is what eugenics means to me, Matt.

I am glad the boy with the skin problem was able to get the necessary
treatment to make his life bearable; that, however, is neither "eugenic"
nor an interference with his personality. Any body who advocates that sort
of genetic interference with personality, in any country, can expect the
open and entire political opposition of this old, experienced, veteran
agitator.

--
B. Ross Ashley