[LMB] Gene cleaning in real life

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sat Nov 11 00:28:05 GMT 2017

On Nov 09, 2017, at 02:50 PM, Helen Fenton <hifenton at internode.on.net> wrote:
Speaking as a person who comes from a family afflicted with Porphyria ( Varigate version) and lives in Australia with high levels of sunlight all year round and high levels of consumption of alcoholic beverages . I would give anything to be rid of this curse for myself and my son .

Can't say as I blame you.

Had I known beforehand that I was bipolar--to any degree--I wouldn't have left off the birth control. However, not having known, and survived the pre-adult tribulations of my son's variety, I rather enjoy the rapport I have with him, and the neurodiversity. I can certainly understand other neurodiverse folks, and find quite a lot in common, in aid of conversation, usually at cons.

I recall encountering RMS/Richard M Stallman at an SF Con at he was handing out flowers--late 70's, early 80's. My college roommate that was said he was too weird and not to engage him. However, in my mind, courtesy requires an answer to a statement or question from an unknown person in an environment I consider safe, and I thanked him and accepted a flower. I thought he was nice, and not all that strange, and I'd say he might likely be neurodiverse as well. I note the Wikipedia entry says nothing about his love for Balkan folk dance, and his often wearing embroidered shirts from the area.

Marina