[LMB] Gene cleaning in real life

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sat Nov 11 00:32:08 GMT 2017

On Nov 09, 2017, at 03:47 PM, Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:
On Nov 9, 2017, at 5:49 PM, Helen Fenton <hifenton at internode.on.net> wrote:

Speaking as a person who comes from a family afflicted with Porphyria ( Varigate version) and lives in Australia with high levels of sunlight all year round and high levels of consumption of alcoholic beverages . I would give anything to be rid of this curse for myself and my son .

Huntington disease is just horrid. Robert M. Sapolsky gives a description of it in
his online course “Human Behavioral Biology” from a course at Stanford.

In summary it makes a man behave more like one of the other apes. Eventually
with further nervous degeneration uncontrollable tremors.

Marina:
Oh, heavens yes. Parkinson's is benign in comparison, but I'm rather happy neither runs in my son's forebears. I know that Huntington's usually skips a generation, and that those who have been quietly tested for it take an early "mortal coil shuffle" before they can procreate.

Marina