[LMB] Gene cleaning in real life

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sat Nov 11 03:04:13 GMT 2017

On Nov 10, 2017, at 06:27 AM, Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:

On Nov 9, 2017, at 7:58 PM, Jelbelser <jelbelser at comcast.net> wrote:

I've read that being a carrier is advantageous, giving resistance to tuberculosis. Also, it is common among French Canadians and US Cajuns.

WB:
Tuberculosis was a major killer and may be again. There are antibiotic resistant strains developing
and we seem to be helping them develop by overuse of antibiotics and feeding antibiotics to
animal in CAFOs.

amf:
According to my son's pediatrician, low thyroid production--which runs in my mother's mother's family--makes one more susceptible to it. My mother's mother died of tuberculosis in 1930, when my mother was 4. Mama always tested positive in the blood test, but not in the Xrays: she had the antibodies.

Mama was allergic to the penicillin family of antibiotics; whether she was allergic to those ABs developed later, I cannot say.

Animals fed ABs were due to them being fed stuff that made them ill, that they could not process--it was cheaper stuff after all.

Marina