[LMB] Gene cleaning in real life

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 13:20:18 GMT 2017

Are you asking me, Raymond Collins? If I didn't make it clear, I don't think humans are very
good at choosing traits, and shouldn't be gene-cleaning willy-nilly.

My opinion of Down's kids (and adults) is that the ones I know bring a lot of joy to their
families, and are often able to be productive members of society. I also think there should
be caring public institutions for kids who happen to be born to inadequate parents who can't
care for them. Just like any child should be protected from neglectful or abusive parents.
What is your opinion?

From: Raymond Collins
Subject: Re: [LMB] Gene cleaning in real life

Way off subject.
I know several people who have Downs syndrome.  What is your opinion on
them?