[LMB] Gene cleaning in real life

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Sat Nov 11 13:58:32 GMT 2017

> On Nov 11, 2017, at 12:09 AM, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Now we get into the territory of weighing up tragedies. Is it more terrible to have a child die
> of Tay-Sachs, or have three cousins die of tuberculosis?

Each cousin has 1/4 your genes and a child has half, so genetically
the score is 3/4>1/2. OTOH, you may prefer (or not) your spouses'
child. Tay-Sachs kills early so does not have as great an influence on
reproductive success as Tuberculosis as would appear from the numbers.

But the genetic score is determining.

Mother Nature can be a *real mother* at times.

--
Sufficient to the weevil is the day thereof.