[LMB] Gene cleaning in real life

Corrina Lawson corrinaannelawson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 17:32:05 GMT 2017

I have kids who, due to a mental illness, wanted to kill themselves at age
11. They've done physical harm to themselves and their impulsivity
definitely has affected their growing up and how they learn and their job
prospects, in one case.

I don't want to change my kids at all, nor would I ever wish them gone, but
I do wish their chemical imbalance/miswired brains would not impact their
daily life so very much. For instance, my son cannot drive because he can't
be sure he won't get angry at another drive and ram them. (Giving people
who have no filter between word and deed a car is not always a good
decision.)

If there was a way to take away that impulsivity and cause them to slow
down and think through something---and I'm talking impulsivity at an
exponential level--well....? It's hard not to think preventing suicide is a
good thing.

Corrina